Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Piano Recital


My awesome students-one is missing.

Saigey

Ryker

Gavin

Elise & I

I love Christmas music! I guess that's why my piano recital always seems to end up being close to Christmas. It does prove to be a little hectic with everything going on for the holidays, but you just can't beat the tunes! My students all did such a great job! I love being able to teach piano lessons. It is so rewarding and I have awesome students. Teaching my own kids is a challenge; especially trying to teach a teenager. Gavin did NOT want to practice and came to the recital quite unprepared. I made him perform anyway. I keep hoping that he will figure out how cool it is to play the piano...maybe someday. Ryker and Saige did a fabulous job. Any of you who spent any time with Saige during the holidays know how much she is loving it. I think I've heard her songs about 1,000 times each. Because of school I didn't take as much time to prepare my own song as I usually do. I finally decided what song to play about a week before the recital, so it obviously didn't go as well as I would have liked, but I didn't even care by that point. I was just glad to have the recital over with and to have a break. Elise, my most advanced student, and I played a duet that turned out really well. That was a lot of fun and something that I think I will do more often. Pictures of a piano recital aren't very exciting, but there they are anyway. 

1 comments:

Tasha said...

Hey Kacie! This is Tasha Wallis.(Leonhardt) This is kind of random, but my sister-in-law found your blog when she googled Tuacahn! I just wanted to tell you how amazing you are! I have read a few posts back and you and your family are impressive! I love your post with the Young Women. I served as Sec before I had my twins and loved it! I can't believe you've started school again! I am going back when my 3 year olds are in 1st grade, and the very thought terrifies me!! Reading your blog didn't help...you seem like you take everything in stride! I am going to have a teenager in February, so your post about Gavin hit hard! My son is on a super league team as well, maybe we will play each other this coming season. Is he in the Rocky Mountain School of Baseball league? By the way...tell Gavin that the basketball coach in our highschool is a really good friend of ours, and he told us that playing the piano(or any instrument I guess) helps with hand eye coordination, thus a better athlete!! He seems really athletic from your blog, so maybe that will help your cause!! Maybe not though!! If you want come visit our blog:
mycrazywallyworld.blogspot.com