Thursday, November 20, 2008

Photo Tag


I love getting tagged! It makes me think about things that I wouldn't normally write about. I have a few waiting to get finished, but I will get to them. This one was quick, so here it is. Megan tagged me with this fun idea-going to the 4th folder in my photos and posting the 4th picture. So, this seems like a really strange picture...here's the story. When I was a little girl my Grandma Christiansen held "Pink Day" for all the girls in her family. We all wore pink clothes, ate pink food and just did generally girlie things. When Grandma passed away a few years ago my Aunt Rene' held another Pink Day to remember her. We had such a blast that it has become a yearly tradition. The sock exchange has been a big hit each time we've done it. Each girl brings a crazy-silly-cozy-or-comfy pair of socks and we play some silly game to exchange them. The first year it was the Left/Right passing game played with a story about Grandma. Other years it's been truth or dare, which always proves to be exciting. (Think Aunt Becky running around the block in nothing but her bathrobe and shoes, Lindsay kissing Seleste's husband, Rene' mooning everyone or Katie eating a spoonful of dirt-who knew a pair of socks could be so important? Grandma would be so proud.) We love our Pink Day. Thanks, Rene', for bringing it back! 


I tag Cheri, Lynsie, Adaire, Cori, Carrie & Melissa. 

4 comments:

Shaylyn said...

I love pink day!!! Thanks for posting that! :D Can't wait for it again this next year!

Cori said...

Cute post! love pink day!
Julie has a blog. I have totally been blogstalking her. Go see it.
tateweber.blogspot.com

Cori said...

Julie has a blog. I have been blogstalking her. Go check her out at www.tateweber.blogspot.com

Megan D. said...

That is a cute story. :) I like this tag too. :)