Friday, November 21, 2008

The Man in My Life & Then and Now

Our wedding day-July 30, 1994. Could I have gotten a bigger bouquet? 


Our 14 year anniversary.


I am combining two tags-one that I got a while ago from Adaire and a new, similar one from Lynsie.

1. What is your husband's name? Trent Roger

2. Where did you meet your husband? Discovery Research Center in Price (I always have to insert that I was his boss while we worked there.)

3. How long did you date before you got married? After 3 months we got engaged and 4 months later we got married. (That only happens in Utah.)

4. How long have you been married? 14 1/2 years

5. What does he do that surprises you? Very little. We share a brain. Although, he did get me an iPod and pajamas from PajamaGram for Valentine's Day this year-that was actually a HUGE surprise.

6. What is your favorite feature of his? His blue eyes.

7. What is your favorite quality about him? His sense of humor. He is really funny-weird, but funny. 

8. Does he have a nickname for you? Just the usual-honey, sweetie or babe.

9. What is his favorite sport? Lucky for me, he is not into sports, meaning that  I don't have to watch much of that on TV. He'll watch the Jazz if  they are in the playoffs and he likes to watch our kids play  ball. He loves to lift weights and has found a new passion for running.

10. When and where did you first kiss? At my parent's house in Huntington. He asked if he could kiss me and I said yes. Then he kissed me three times. Now, every night before we go to bed, he kisses me three times. 

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We enjoy a good wrestling match, now and then. And when I say wrestling, I mean actual wrestling, so get your mind out of the gutter, you sick, twisted freak. It involves a lot of tickling and every once in  a while I get in a really great move that gets him incapacitated and laughing hysterically. If I should ever get attacked, my attacker is gonna be sorry. I've been practicing.

12. Do you have children? We have three great  kids.

13. Does he have any hidden talents? Yes, you should see him rip a phone book in half. Our kids think this is the coolest trick ever.

14. How old is he? 36

15. Who said "I love you" first? I told him that I thought I was falling in love with him after about a week of  dating him. Seriously, what was wrong with me? Not that I don't love him, but one week?!?

16. What is his favorite music? He loves classic rock like Def Leppard and AC/DC.

17. What do you admire most about him? His generosity. 

18. What is his favorite color? Blue, blue, blue. 

19. Does he do laundry? Once in a while, but just when he runs out of something.

20. Will he read this? Yes, because when I am done writing it I will hand him the computer and make him read it.
21. Who eats more sweets? That would definitely be me.

22. Who is taller? He is, thankfully.

23. Who can sing the best? Me again. 

24. Who is smarter? Depends on what you're talking about. Politics-definitely Trent, Spelling-definitely me.

25. Who pays the bills? Whoever gets to it first, most of the time it's me. 

26. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?  When we are in bed I am always on the right side. 

27. Who mows the lawn? Always Trent, never me. When we bought our lawnmower Trent insisted on getting the 
model without the self-propelling feature, so that mowing the lawn could be a workout. I begged him to spend the extra $20 for the self-propelled one, and then just not use it if he didn't want to, but he wouldn't do it. I told him that I would never mow the lawn with that lawnmower and I am proud to say that I never have.

28. Who cooks dinner? We usually make dinner together if we are both home. If I am teaching piano lessons, Trent will cook. He makes a killer lasagna.

29. Who drives? Trent

30. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Wow, I don't know about this one. We are both pretty stubborn. It's a toss-up, I guess.

31. Who asked who out first? Well, that is a long story. We were working at Discovery and I thought that he was cute, but he was really shy. I told another supervisor (Jay) that I liked Trent, so when I went on my lunch break, Jay told Trent that he should ask me out. After lunch I got to spend the rest of the day wondering what the heck Trent was thinking. He had to bring his surveys up to me, but he never said a word. I felt like such an idiot. I'm not sure how long it was until the end of our shift, but it felt like eternity. At the end of the night, Trent brought his time card up to be signed. He handed it to me and said, "will you sign this if you'd like to go out with me?" It was so cute and sweet, even though I had to sign it regardless of whether or not we went out.

32. Who wears the pants? Uh...I am the oldest of 7 children and therefore, am very bossy. So, according to Trent, I win this one, but I have yet to see him wear a dress (even for Halloween).


I could have meshed those questions together in a better order, but I'm too lazy to do that. This post is also having technical difficulties. Why does Blogger sometimes seem to have a mind of its own? I'm supposed to be in control. (I do wear the pants.) Anyway, I tag everyone who ever reads our blog. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you posted this, Kacie. Great to read more about you and Trent. Loved it!

Carrie said...

Fun to read!

The Christman's said...

Holy cow...I totally remember your wedding & that giant bouquet of yours. :) Wow have you guy's changed & for the better I may add.