Monday, November 24, 2008

New Kids on the Block Concert

What a blast from the past! Carrie posted a message on Facebook saying that she had extra tickets to the NKOTB concert if anyone wanted to go with her and I thought, "Why not? It could be kind of fun." So I replied and we decided to take our girls. It turned out to be a whole Keele Girls Night Out (aside from Rachael, who we wish could have been with us.)

When I first heard that the New Kids were reuniting and going on tour I wasn't super excited. I loved them when I was a kid in junior high, but I just didn't think that they could come back with the same kind of intensity they had the first time around. Trent and I watched them on the Today show and totally laughed at their dance moves because it was a little bit weird seeing almost 40 year old men dance together like that. But, after going to the concert I am totally converted! Their performance was so much fun to watch, they just pulled you right in. Part way through the show they popped up in the middle of the floor about 20 feet away from us. Samantha & Susan were sitting in a different area and Sam actually got to hold Donnie's hand for a few seconds (I'm totally jealous). 

I love their new album and cannot stop listening to it (Trent HATES it, but I think he secretly likes that I am listening to them on my iPod because then he can listen to his Talk Radio, which I am not a huge fan of.) Saige had a lot of fun until the end when it got so loud. By the last song she was just sitting on her chair, plugging her ears. She even started to cry. It was excessively loud. My hearing was muted for a couple of days afterward and I was a little bit worried that I might have some kind of permanent hearing loss, but it's all good now. (Note to self: take earplugs to any future concerts. Also, don't wear high heels if you have floor seats-my feet were killing me after standing up the WHOLE time...I should totally invent some kind of convertible high heels, with removable or collapsible heels, wouldn't that be awesome? Then a heel lover like me could wear stilettos that could also be comfortable when necessary. I've got to patent that...)

Even the two opening acts were great. Lady Gaga was up first, with a lot of great dancing tunes. (You can hear her song, "Just Dance," on my playlist.) She was followed by Natasha Bedingfield, who I totally love (in fact, she was the one I was really excited to see). The whole night was awesome! We had such a great time hanging out together. I am one of those lucky people with awesome in-laws, who I love spending time with. 

I'd like to finish with a few acknowledgements (because I'm a dork). To Carrie: thanks for a fabulous time! To my Saigey: thanks for liking to hang out with your mom and liking her music. To Cori: who is a true fan and bought the album as soon as it came out, I am really sorry that you didn't get to go. Next time, I will totally go with you. To The Block: don't wait so long for the next album! I'm ready for another one already!

6 comments:

Cori said...

can you see the tears? Why didn't I go alone?
thanks for the acknowledgement and the sweet photos!

DONNIE IS HOT!!!

Cori said...

so verrrry verrry HOT!

Unknown said...

How fun! I heard they were coming on tour. I will have to get their album. I love the convertable heel idea! Wow, they are as cute as ever.

Carrie said...

No problem at all Kacie! I was wondering how I could possibly round up 6 people who would WANT to go 2 days before the concert. Little did I know there were other wackos like me out there! I too was like you, didn't really think much about it when they first came out, except for the fond memories. It was the BEST!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Kacie! It's Jenny (Hardy) Anderson...I used to date Kris. Anywho, Amy told me to check out your blog (she found it through facebook). Just wanted to say hi. Oh my goodness sakes...your kids are so big now! So fun to see your family. They are beautiful!

Ambrosia said...

I still want to kick myself for not going to this concert! You are fantastic to have taken your girls. You all obviously made great memories. You rock, woman..you just rock.