Monday, October 6, 2008

Field Trip



Gavin and I went with the Quest group on an awesome field trip the other day. We started out at the Bodyworlds exhibit, which was really impressive. I wish that we could have taken pictures, but they wouldn't allow it. I never cease to be amazed by the complexity of the human body. I don't know how anyone can see and understand this amazing creation and doubt the existence of God. I loved being able to see it preserved so well. The cadavers in my Anatomy lab have been at SLCC for approximately 15 years and they belonged to the U before that, so they resemble the shredded pork roast we ate for dinner a few nights ago. (I'm sorry, I know that is disgusting, but it is also true.) I was worried about seeing the embryos and fetuses, but they were actually really interesting. I was mostly worried about how they got them, but if I read the sign right, they could not be saved and were somehow acquired in the 1920's. (If anyone reading this has different information, please let me know.) I am curious about how that is possible, but didn't have time to read any further information. I think that I may go again with Trent and my mom and sister-in-law, so I'll be sure to spend more time in that section. 

After Bodyworlds, we hiked Ensign Peak. Pathetically, I had never been there before. The view of the Salt Lake Valley from the top was incredible. I found it hard to imagine what Brigham Young and the other saints would have seen. We were very short on time, so I didn't get to read all the plaques that they have at the bottom, but I'm excited to go back and learn more about the history of the peak. I will be taking my family up there in the near future, so that we can all say we have been there. 



0 comments: