Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Vacation is Over



Well, that's enough relaxing for a while...I guess. We had a really nice time in St. George,though Monday was kind of weird. We didn't really have any plans, so we played it by ear. We ate at a crappy Chinese restaurant, walked out of a crappy movie and Trent sat on my awesome pink sunglasses and broke them - I shouldn't have left them on the bed, my bad. We did discover a Massage Therapy School next door to the crappy Chinese restaurant and made appointments to get massages the next day before we headed home. When we arrived on Tuesday, the lady had forgotten to enter our appointments into the computer, so there were no students to give us our "couples" massage. So, instead of paying $35 each for 1 hr massages, we got free 1/2 hour massages from the instructor. That made up for the crappy chinese, crappy movie and broken sunglasses. It was so relaxing. What a great way to end our trip. 

The kids had a great time without us, too. They got to hang out with Grandma Karla & Grandpa Kerry, who spoiled them excessively.  Gavin went fishing with Grandpa, Uncle Bill & Kris. He caught 3 or 4 fish. Ryker and Saige went to Trafalga with Grandma. They ate at Wendy's twice, got new shoes and Saige got a haircut. I don't think they missed us at all. (Don't tell them, but we really enjoyed our time without them, too.) Gavin also took 3rd place in his Cross Country meet (the only one I've missed). He decided he wanted to race with the junior varsity team and probably could  have taken 2nd place. He ran the whole race with a friend and told my mom that he let the friend beat him because "he doesn't win much". (He has such a good heart.) 

All in all we are glad to be back home. We had a nice break and now it's time to get back to the real world...school, work, fighting kids, laundry, dishes, piano lessons, homework, making dinner, scubbing floors...you get the picture.

4 comments:

The Christman's said...

TAG! YOU'RE IT!

The rules: Link person who tagged you
Tell about 6 Quirks of yours
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same
Leave comment to let them know

Shaylyn said...

Kacie, have I told you that I think you are adorable? I wish that I knew you better, but I just love reading your blog and getting to know you and your cute lil family. I hope you have a wonderful day!

♥ Shaylyn

Anonymous said...

hey! its so good to hear from you. i'm so terrible with this blog thing that i just barely found your comment. sorry! anyway you are gorgeous and its good to keep in touch. love you!

Kacie Powell Keele said...

So, Gavin was totally exaggerating when he said he caught "3 or 4" fish. (He's a fast learner.) My dad said he caught 1.