Sunday, September 21, 2008

Playing in St. George

After my Girl's Weekend (with my mom and sisters) got cancelled on Thursday, I talked Trent into taking me on an impromptu getaway to St. George. I managed to get us a couple of hotel rooms (couldn't find any that had vacancies for all three nights, so we had to switch after our first night), and I also got us seats at the Tuacahn for Les Miserables. We didn't get the greatest seats, but I don't think there is really a bad seat there. I have wanted to see this show since I was in high school, so I was really excited. Trent was less excited (musical theater is NOT his thing), but he agreed to take me anyway. It was amazing! I totally loved it. He didn't, but he endured it well. I guess I will have to go and see Hell Boy 2 with him now. (Personally, I'd rather literally go to hell than see that movie, but when you love someone you make sacrifices, especially when they make sacrifices for you.) We also ate dinner at the Tuacahn, which was delicious. The only drawback was the hornets swarming our food.

Today, we drove into Zion National Park and hiked Angel's Landing, which is a very strenuous and difficult hike. The last time I was in Zion I had my kids with me and they were too small to hike it, so we thought this would be a great time to go see it. It was hard, but we made it up and it was SO worth it. The views were amazing. 

At the top, Trent made friends with a chipmunk that came right over and stole some of his granola bar. Apparently, the chipmunk didn't read the "Don't feed the wildlife" signs posted all around the park.







  
I'm not sure when exactly I got old, but my knees were whining all the way down (okay, it was me whining, but it was my knees' fault). I love that we live so close to so many beautiful places. You can drive a few hours and see some incredible things. We are having a great time hanging out together and being a couple instead of mom and dad for a few days. Don't get me wrong, we love our kids, but sometimes you just need to take a break. Thanks to my mom for taking care of them. Ryker, the picture above is for you, my little poser. Luv u most! (You too, Gavin and Saige!)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I didn't knoow you guys had your own blog! How cool!!! I added a link to your blog to our family blog and to the main Keele blog. Luv it most!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Melissa Sonntag here...
Sounds like a FUN trip! What did Trent think of Les Mis when it was all said and done? Any more favorable than before seeing it? Tim thought it was the longest most boring 3 hours of his life and promised me he would, not only never see it again (unless it's the Desert Star version), but never go back to Capitol Theater...So, I told him he doesn't have to go with me, but I will buy two tickets and take someone else next time I want to go there! Lol;o) The sacrifices we make...enjoy Hellboy 2!

Unknown said...

So glad to see you have a blog and to get caught up on your life since we can't get together. Your trip to Zions sounds fun. Yay for you to have a getaway. Sounds like you enjoyed Les Mis as much as me. Your kids are so great. Love reading about them too. I'll add your blog to my Google reader so I keep up on what's new with you. ~Lynsie

Megan D. said...

Hi Kacie!
It is so fun to see your blog. It looks like you and Trent had a fun trip. I hope we can see you guys more often. Tom & I just moved to SLC this summer, so we are a lot closer now.
Our blog is
meganandthomas.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!