Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tagged! Six Quirks About Me

I got my first tag the other day from Apryl and it has taken me awhile to try to figure out which of my many quirks I would really like to make public. So, here goes:


1. I am the queen of clearance shopping. I literally cannot leave any store without checking their clearance section. I mean, if I go into an auto parts store with Trent I will wander around until I find an area where everything is marked with bright orange discount tags. I have found some pretty awesome things (never at an auto parts store). My favorite stores to clearance shop are Target, JC Penney, Kohl's, Sears and the ultimate in clearance shopping, Market Square. In case you have never heard of Market Square, let me enlighten you. It is a whole store full of all the things you never knew you needed/wanted. It is always an adventure, you never know what you might find when you go there, there is always something waiting for you. Trent is always saying, "it's not really saving money if it's not something we need", which is true and I am trying to break myself of this addiction, but those darn racks just seem to call to me.

2. When I get cold, I break out in hives. Obviously this one is not under my control and it is apparently inherited, since this happens to my aunt Michelle also. It is very annoying.

3. Rollies. This one is a leftover from my childhood. I used to "roll" at night while sucking my tongue, that's right, my tongue. (This is why I am now such a great kisser.) I always have little balls of rolled up something in my pockets, which I roll between my fingers. What makes the best rollies? Straw or toothpick wrappers made of paper, the inside bits of a cardboard box and tinfoil gum wrappers, but lint will do in a pinch. Yes, I am a freak, but rolling is therapeutic and relaxing for me. Trent says that the next time you see me you should ask to see my rollie. I would actually appreciate you never mentioning this unusual habit, as I didn't want to tell you about it in the first place, but Trent says it is my number one quirk and therefore, essential to write about.

4. I am passionate about paper. I love the feel of a brand new package of patterned paper, cardstock, or even a spiral bound notebook. Paper rocks! I have an entire room full of mostly paper. This is not an exaggeration. Trent could not be happier about this. He doesn't think there is any better use for a room than to fill it right up to the ceiling with paper. 

5. I love to watch the same movies and read the same books over and over. Before Breaking Dawn came out I reread the whole series and then, after finishing Breaking Dawn, I started over and read them all again! By the middle of September I had read Breaking Dawn twice and the other books in the series countless times. Movies I love to repeatedly watch: Pride & Prejudice (the new version and the older 5 hour version), Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion (anything Jane Austen related, really), You've Got Mail, The Count of Monte Cristo, Tristan & Isolde, The Notebook, etc. 

6. I have an "addictive personality" and since I'm sure I am not using that expression right, let me explain what I mean. The things that I like become addictions, (obsessions, really) I have already mentioned some of these. Here are some of the other things that I am addicted to: music, high heels, boots (with high heels), sweaters, skirts, scooter riding (to the point where I think it would be awesome to drive a motorcycle, don't freak, mom) candy, scrapbooking, rubber stamping, jewelry, dancing, chipboard and rub-on alphabets, Facebook, trampolines, roller skating, the list goes on and on. I cannot get enough! It's a good thing that I had sense enough to "Just Say No" or I would have some serious problems. (Okay, I have serious problems, but can you imagine me drunk?!?)

Well, that's the real me. I hope that we can still be friends. Try to forget everything that you just read and I'll keep pretending that I am normal, deal? 

If you know Apryl, go check out her quirks, too.


I tag Karen, Karla, Carrie, Shaylyn, Melissa and TyAnna. Have fun exploring your inner self!

The rules: Link the person who tagged you.
Tell about 6 Quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Leave a comment to let them know.


7 comments:

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

You are TOO, TOO FUNNY! I loved reading about your quirks. Y ou tagged me, but there are a couple of problems...
1-I don't really know how to link into other blogs
&2-I don't really have any quirks...at least none as fun to hear about as yours!
LOL!
Hey, are you and Trent coming to the Desert Star on the 25th?

Baltzers said...

I love reading these. You can learn so much about a person you don't already know. The only one of these I knew about you was the hives thing.

I tagged you on my blog but I must have never actually given you the link. :)

Kacie Powell Keele said...

Melissa,
1. Linking must be really easy if I can do it! (It is, there is a button in the bar above where you enter your post. I just copied and pasted the address, highlighted it and clicked the button. So easy!)
2. I am me (a freak) and you are you. Just be you.

We can't go on the 25th :(. Trent's schedule, you know. Next time.

Cheri said...

I think we are all freaks in life. I know that I am too! :) Love to know your just as quirky as the rest of us. ha ha ha ha

Cori said...

I LOVE YOU!!! you are such a fun an funny girl. I found your blog by accident and so I have been secretly reading it for a couple of days; I hope you don't mind. I remember having sleep overs with you and Megan and I never could sleep because of the tongue sucking noise (Megan did that too).
Come visit me at my blog. It is lame. You have been warned.

Megan D. said...

Those are really funny! Apryl tagged me and I haven't done it yet, but I need to. I love Jane Austen too and I am definitely a over and over again watcher of movies I love too. If they're good...you should just watch them. :) Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

HA! You ARE a freak aren't you? But I agree, we all are so it's all good. Okay, I'm going to get around to my post!